things our dogs’ teach us:
- if Comet didn’t follow the Woman into the kitchen, how would she know he needs a biscuit?
- would the Man pick up the dog leashes, if Dexter didn’t show him where they are kept?
- does it really “count” as a dog walk, if we don’t encounter dog-man, kitty or rabbit?
- if Dexter thinks there might be something scary at the front door, it’s okay to let the Woman go first
- being just back from the groomers is no reason for Dexter to avoid kicking up dust toward Comet and Comet covered in pollen and thistles on a walk