Thank you Linda for nominating me! Living in a part of the country where we get a LOT of sunshine, I appreciate you for liking my random thoughts on people, dogs, life and happiness – as being worthy of an award.
I definitely encourage a visit to her blog, Everyone Else Has the Best Titles,
WHAT IS THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring, while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
HOW DOES IT WORK:
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog
1. WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE IS THE ROOT OF THE WORLD’S PROBLEMS TODAY?
Selfishness. In the ‘developed’ world, it is an attitude that each person “deserves” their definition of well-being: money, irresponsible; rude; intransigent to other’s opinions. In the ‘developing’ world, the individual or group using terror to steal, confiscate, manipulate, or control resources, information or medicines to prey on a much larger group.
2. IF YOU COULD BE A TELEVISION STAR, WHAT CHARACTER WOULD YOU WANT TO BE?
I love Tim Allen’s Last Man Standing (now cancelled!!); Jethro Gibbs, NCIS; in the 1990s, it was “Law and Order” ’s Jerry Orbach’s detective character; in the 1970s – Captain James T. Kirk, of course.
3. OTHER THAN BASIC NECESSITIES, WHAT ARE 3 THINGS YOU WOULD TAKE WITH YOU AS YOU COLONIZE MARS?
1. A cactus to remind me of home – if these can flourish in an arid desert, even Mars shouldn’t kill it;
2. A case of Fruit Loops. I know what currency they were to get things on a deployed ship; should do likewise on Mars.
3. An extra few rolls of duct tape. In the novel and movie, “The Martian”, you can do almost anything to survive with enough duct tape.
4. WHAT IS THE TITLE OF THE BOOK YOU WOULD WRITE IF YOU WERE STRANDED ON A DESERT ISLAND?
“Conversations with myself”, or quite possibly, ” Next time, we don’t use GROUPON”
5. IF YOU WERE A COLOR, WHAT WOULD IT BE, AND WHY?
I never thought about it. I am partial to blues and greens. Sometimes I feel a little radical and I will wear a red shirt!
6. WHAT FOOD DO YOU ABSOLUTELY DETEST?
Only because it hospitalizes me in the worst cases – I’m allergic to spicy peppers – spicy Asian and Mexican dishes especially but bell peppers get to me also
7. IN THE “QUEEN/KING OF THE WORLD” ELECTION, WHO WOULD YOU VOTE FOR AND WHY?
I don’t think anyone deserves that title. Unless he or she actually achieved “world peace” Sorry, I was thinking of that Sandra Bullock movie just now….
8. WHAT IS THE WEIRDEST DREAM YOU’VE EVER HAD?
After watching “Divergent” with my wife, I dreamed of zip-lining through a never-ending version of a local mall in San Diego.
9. IF YOU COULD PICK AN EXISTING SYMBOL/ICON/LOGO TO REPRESENT YOU, WHAT WOULD IT BE AND WHY?
I would choose Popeye the Sailor. I love the heart and his determination to save his Olive. And he loves spinach.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE JOKE THAT YOU’VE TOLD MORE THAN ONCE?
I’m not really a good teller of jokes. One-liners and comments – funny, just happen. One-time.
11. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MODE OF TRANSPORTATION, EVEN IF YOU’VE NEVER EXPERIENCED IT?
I love riding trains, mountain trams, airport trains, subways – anything that moves by rail.
- Given a choice of ice cream — or non-dairy treat, which flavor would be your favorite?
- If given one all-expense paid adventure, would you (a) fly on the Virgin Galactic near-space flight, (b) bungee jump –where?, or (c) visit one of the world’s most romantic cities – your pick?
- If you were traveling in a country where they preferred barter over cash, what 3 things would you bring with you, to exchange?
- Assuming you have food and water, which are you more afraid of being lost in: a swamp, a desert, or a large city like Tokyo or Istanbul?
- Which would be a perfect date: dining at a 5-Diamond rated restaurant, running with the Pamplona bulls, or a box seats at your favorite sporting event?
- What is your least popular chore you do at home?
- If you have a nickname – or were given one -by friends, school chums, or family, what is it?
- Do you have a favorite leisure activity other than writing or blogging?
- If you could spend a day with your favorite person in world history, who would that be?
- Some tree species are the oldest living things on earth. They have been witness to incredible history. If you were reincarnated, for arguments sake, would you come back as a Giant Sequoia or a Bristlecone Pine tree?
- Would people describe you as a romantic, cynic, or a goofy person?
And nominees, I totally understand if you don’t have time for this, especially if you’ve been nominated for awards recently. The important thing is to get the word out about your blogs. Think of it as a blogging Ponzi scheme meant to connect us all in a web of fun and frolic. Ok, frolic might have been a little over the top, but fun…for sure!