I reached a retirement milestone today. For the first time, I “slept in” while my spouse went to work.
Now that I am not bounding up at 5 AM (though we still rise at 5 mornings that Sheri and I are working our consulting business), Comet and Dexter are enjoying the new routine. I’m awakening old Navy muscle-memory when I used to do more chores daily before 9AM, than my apartment neighbors ( college kids) accomplished all day.
Everything still begins with coffee. But I still cannot lolly-gag as there’s dogs waiting on me. Comet puts a paw on my arm, and give me that expectantly-happy, eyeball-to-eyeball, “Walk-time?” I take a last swig of coffee.
After a circuit of the neighborhood, I review my to-do list.
- Tuesday, it’s trash day, see that everything has gone out to the curb
- Dog walk
- pick up dog poop
- sweep the front patio, mats, and get rid of the cobwebs annoying me since Saturday
- wash my breakfast dishes
- vacuum up dog hair (I did it yesterday, and will do again tomorrow!)
- retrieve contents of the dryer and put away laundry
- do a little blogging before lunch
A few more errands and it’s time to continue on the kitchen cabinets – to prep them for painting.
And tomorrow, a plumber is coming to check out a suspected leak at the water inlet to the house. I will have to get up early; there’s still sweepers and a dog-walk to get in before the workers arrive.